Logistics for the Industrious.
At Venture, we help our clients deliver their products, their promises, and their potential every day. If you believe in delivering great customer service, value partnership, and are always looking for a challenge, we’d like to meet you.
Featured Job Openings
- Filter By:
- The Driver Recruiter is responsible for maintaining the driver work force of Venture Logistics so that trucks and routes are being run with qualified, professional drivers.
- Manages and performs recruiting activities and all aspects of the driver hiring process of company and owner operators including accepting phone and online applications, answering candidate inquiries and calls, conducting applicant screening, scheduling new applicant drug screens, and extending offers to ensure that the company hires qualified and professional drivers who meet DOT and company requirements.
- Manages and implements weekly driver orientation for new and returning trainees and drivers including travel arrangements, reception, lunch and other aspects of the orientation to ensure a positive first impression for attendees.
- Help develop both long term and short term strategic driver recruiting plans to meet the company’s needs for future growth.
- Ensure all new hires receive the information necessary to successfully perform their duties as drivers.
- Serve as a primary initial resource between Safety and Operations Departments on issues such as follow-ups with Safety on any discrepancies on paperwork or needed verifications.
- Monitor the Road Tests and Physical/Drug Screen process to assure consistent flow of employees to and from the test sites.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Comply with company policies and procedures and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Four (4) years’ college degree preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Department of Transportation safety regulations a plus.
- Transportation or industry experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated comfort speaking in front of a group.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
- Organized, positive “can-do” attitude, and ability to think and plan creatively to provide a positive experience for new and returning drivers.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and with a team.
- Ability to pay attention to details and process requirements.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Venture Logistics Inc. – Indianapolis, IN
- We need a subject matter expert to serve as our in-house IT Specialist in a long-term position. The successful candidate will serve two functions within the company. First, he or she must coordinate between the company and external vendors about IT-related applications and development; and second, the IT Specialist will consult with our IT department on any issues that might come up and advise about potential fixes or efficiency controls. We’re looking for a responsive, highly productive professional who can work with numerous employees and vendors to ensure continued success through corporate projects.
- Manage daily operations and helpdesk tickets timely within the IT support systems
- Develop new strategies and IT procedures to increase efficiency, enhance workflow and improve customer satisfaction
- Coordinate the needs of in-house IT experts and remote employees, vendors and contractors
- Protect customer data from outside infiltration through encryption, secure data storage and other necessary means
- Assist with the installation of new hardware and software and help train employees on its use
- Assume responsibility for project tasks and ensure they are completed in a timely fashion
- Offer suggestions for possible upgrades and changes within the IT department
- Knowledge of TMW \ Trimble applications a plus
- Ability to fill multiple roles simultaneously
- Proven track record of maintaining IT integrity.
- Evaluate, test and recommend new opportunities for enhancing our software, hardware and IT processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.
- Or Knowledge of TMW, Kapow, SQL in place of degree preferred.
- Transportation experience
- Excellent IT, communication, and project skills
- Experience with SQL a plus
- Knowledge of Kapow application a plus
- Knowledge of Transportation a plus
- Setting, standing, and working with users in different areas of the office complex
- Office type
Venture Logistics Inc. – Carmel, IN
Expanding our CDL A Team Fleet! So, bring your co-driver for dedicated lanes!
Lanes are from Indy to McAllen, TX and return
Dry Van – No Touch Freight
Generous Sign On
Benefits From Day One:
Rider and Pet Policy
And Much Much More all from DAY ONE…
9 Months Truck Driving Experience in the Past 3 Years.
We never lose sight of who keeps the lights on! Our drivers are the lifelines of the company and we make sure we treat them with the respect they deserve. When you join our family, you join a team that truly cares. Drive with us and experience the Venture difference for yourself!
Apply or Call Us Today!
Thank you for your interest in Venture Logistics we look forward to hearing from you!
- This position oversees yard operations in our dedicated facility. Requires interaction with our customer associates, our driver associates and our warehouse and management associates.
- Manage inbound/outbound freight
- Manage paperwork and coordination of inbound/outbound freight
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Manage outbound freight and returns for Venture warehousing
- Manage yard checks and foreign carrier inbound/outbound freight
- Be proactive in communication with the plant and our personnel regarding issues and needs
- Assist in any reporting necessary for freight movement, identification, and tracking
- Manage activities of our plant “spotters.”
- High School Diploma
- Previous supervisory experience
- TMW Office Suite proficiency
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Logistics and Transportation related fields
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products is essential
- Ability to work in a safety sensitive environment at the plant and yard operations
- Ability to communicate with many levels of personnel – internal and external customers
- Ability to challenge the status quo and work positively to improve our operation
- Ability to handle criticism positively without emotion
- Ability to resolve conflict and problems diplomatically
- Operations Manager focuses on leadership of the Operations department while striving to meet performance goals.
- Mentor Operations staff
- Leading Operations staff on day to day operations and initiatives
- Handles staffing needs and human resource issues for Indy Operations.
- Strives for profitability
- Responsible for fleet metrics
- Customer satisfaction
- Driver satisfaction
- Help maintain a safety culture
- Works closely with Recruiting, Maintenance, and Safety
- Maintains regular and reliable attendance
- Additional duties as assigned
- Must have at least 2 years of experience working in the Transportation industry
- Must possess effective communication, organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be flexible and able to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Previous experience with TMW dispatch system preferred
- Fast paced environment